More Political Oops!
Yes, we do love it when our leaders show their wild sense of humour. Here's the best from Pakistan, beginning with its colourful former president General Pervez Musharraf.
1. If Musharraf is thinking he can stage a comeback, it’s only because compared with how things are now, his era looks relatively better.
I launched my Facebook page eight months ago; today I have more than 315,000 fans.
2. I launched my Facebook page eight months ago; today I have more than 315,000 fans.
On the enemy
3. Kamran Khan, the famous Geo TV anchorperson, presented 560 news stories solely on President Asif Zardari, mainly to target him. Ansar Abbasi is also working on the same agenda, i.e. to weaken democracy in Pakistan. Both the senior journalists are “Indian agents”.
4. No Muslim is involved in suicidal attacks in Pakistan, and rather Blackwater (Xe) – a US private contractor – and Indian agents are involved in these incidents.
5. Yesterday, when I asked Khwaja Imran Nazir for a lift, he was listening to Munni Badnam, an Indian song, in his car.
Even if contract is given to America it will also be unable to bring peace.
On law and order
6. Even if contract is given to America it will also be unable to bring peace.
7. I am not afraid of jail’s mosquitoes.
8. Munawar Gill committed adultery with consent, can’t take action.
9. All out efforts are being made to overcome the energy crisis and the load-shedding would end by December 2009.
On integrity in politics
10. The MQM will openly support the patriotic generals if they take any martial law-type action against corrupt politicians and feudal lords.
11. Tehrik-e-Insaf will back military rule in the country for the sake of stability.
12. My own brother approached me and said lala (brother), ‘Can I also join your party?’ I told him to run away…you are a known gambler.
13. I have sent Gilani to the PPP and I will call him back to the PML, when he becomes tired.
14. How a person, who used to sell tickets at Bambino cinema in Karachi, reached the Surrey Palace and became richer than Queen Elizabeth before his ascendancy to the presidency? It is a million-dollar question that only the PPP top leader has to answer.
-- Spokesman, Pakistan Muslim League N, Siddiqul Farooq, referring to the missing files pertaining to alleged corruption of President Zardari, ranked 8th richest in the world.
This post was originally published on Tanzeelism in October 2010.
asia! IN A SNAP
SEARCH OUR SITE